• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are My Prospective Recruits Flaking Out on Me?

In summary, the author is having difficulties recruiting and is in month 3 of a relinq. cycle. He is at risk of losing 3 of his 5 recruits. He recommends blessing and releasing.
jaye
Hi there..

So, in the past week, I have been sooo fortunate - I have had three different women interested in what PC has to offer. The first one; will not return my calls. The second; says, "Thanks for calling, I will call you back" and doesn't. The third; wanted all of the information that I had, all of my catalogs, etc. and still isn't sure. She would not give me her phone number to follow up with her, and yes, I did ask for it.

I really want the recruits. I really want the promotions... why are these people flaking out on me, and what can I do to bring them back around? What can I do to get people interested in signing up?

hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for any suggestions!

We must be on the same wavelength! I've had about 7 "maybe" leads since Feburary and 1 I thought for certain (change of jobs prevented her from it and she backed out)! And the rest of them... none of them have followed through with my offer to meet with them or the Sign on bonuses have not reeled them in to sign! I figured when it happens for me it happens and not to hold my breath until it does! I guess it's just not my time for now.

Good luck!

Bless and ReleaseI had a recruit where we were online filling out the agreement and they stopped dead in their tracks. All they had to do was put in their name and SSN again and pay!! Talk about a flake! I would have been promoted to future director. It was very hard for me not to just go crazy, but I remembered that my director says that you have to bless and release, so I did. It will happen.

I have had three in the last week, too. It happens. But, every time I have had a stretch like this...it follows soonthereafter with a burst of recruits!!!

I feel your pain. I have had the same thing happen where they say they are interested but yet wont return phone calls, say they really arent interested or will call me back. I call them back to hear nahh thanks anyway. I even have 2 that really seem interested but one is PG w/ morning sickness and the other is getting married in a month. I'm holding off on the married one but the PG one is having a show with me in Sept. so I'm hoping she will come with me to my cluster meeting.

Have you thought about asking them to come to your cluster meetings just to see what the opportunity is about? Just a suggestion.

Me too.I've been having similar difficulties with recruiting. I am in month 2 of the relinq. cycle and am currently at risk of 3 of my 5 going inactive as of 9/1. And it doesn't look good. SOOOO... that will make Sept. month 3 unless something changes. :eek: BUT I've been told that what you do now affects your business 90 days from now. I had a lot of personal stuff going on last spring and had a very slow summer schedule. So, logically it would follow that, the fewer shows I had, the fewer contacts I had which means the fewer recruit leads, and signed new consultants. I've heard it said that it takes 8-10 "No's" before you get a yes. So I'm thinking, I've gotten so many "no's" lately that I'm due for about 4 yesses in a row!! Wouldn't that be awesome!. :rolleyes: Then I'd actually have to think about doing a training class instead of individual training!

So, moral of the story... keep asking. Review HOW and WHO you ask... make sure to ask everyone even if you're fairly sure they'll say NO. Believe me. I'm as baffled as some of you when it comes to why things happen as they do in this business. But I'm learning to be thankful that I have a business that is so flexible and adaptable to whatever my schedule is. And I need to remember to get that across to others. The recruits will come. And hopefully by Sept 30. ;)

Kathy

Thanks everyone for your input. Nice to know that it's not just me. Two of the 3 came up to me out of the blue to ask.... so, I was really thinking that they would come around.

Bless and release!! LOVE IT and use it all the time!!! Makes a huge difference in your attitude! Nothing you can do to control what other people do.

I was even going to offer to pay for half of their kit! Oh, well... someone will come around!! I know it!

Best wishes to you all!
Jaye

If u are going to pay the kit thing--I would offer a rebate when they do their 4 shows 0r $1250----
:D

A woman that was going to sign under me decided to sign under another consultant who offered to pay for her kit when she sold $1500 in sales by a certain date. I dont know if that meant that the director would've made commission on this person for her 1500 and therefore she would've had the extra $ to pay for the kit (does this make sense? lol)
Anyway, she didnt even hold 4 shows yet! She's been doing this since April.

Sometimes I'm glad to know that I didnt sign her! lol

All I can say, is that you got to get a lot of no's before you get a yes!
I hosted PC shows for years before I said yes ( and trust me she
asked everytime if I wanted to sell). It was just never the right time for me
and when it was the right time, I've loved it and done great.
Better they flaked out before you signed them then them flaking out on you
after they've signed and became Kit-Nappers!

Rebeccascabinet said:
All I can say, is that you got to get a lot of no's before you get a yes!
I hosted PC shows for years before I said yes ( and trust me she
asked everytime if I wanted to sell). It was just never the right time for me
and when it was the right time, I've loved it and done great.
Better they flaked out before you signed them then them flaking out on you
after they've signed and became Kit-Nappers!

So I've heard! My Director said for every 10 leads you might get a yes!:eek: So there will be alot of NOs I supppose and to expect it! That made me feel better at least when she told me that!:rolleyes:

TinasKitchen said:
A woman that was going to sign under me decided to sign under another consultant who offered to pay for her kit when she sold $1500 in sales by a certain date. I dont know if that meant that the director would've made commission on this person for her 1500 and therefore she would've had the extra $ to pay for the kit (does this make sense? lol)
Anyway, she didnt even hold 4 shows yet! She's been doing this since April.

Sometimes I'm glad to know that I didnt sign her! lol

I had one of those recently, too. After I coached her, helped her deal with a lousy show experience, and everything - she decided to sign under "a friend" who would pay for her kit. Whatever. If a consultant is willing to basically steal a recruit from another consultant -- how can that new recruit feel safe signing under her? It baffles me. But as we say BLESS AND RELEASE.

Some Will,
Some Won't
So What?
Who's Next?

I want to build a STRONG team rather than waste my energy on those who won't be worth the energy.

1. Why are my customers flaking out on me?

There could be a variety of reasons why your customers are flaking out on you. They may have had a change in their schedule, forgotten about the event, or had an emergency come up. It's important to communicate with your customers to understand the reason for their absence and to see if there is anything you can do to help.

2. How can I prevent customers from flaking out on me?

It's important to set clear expectations with your customers from the beginning. Let them know the date, time, and location of the event, as well as any deadlines for RSVPs or cancellations. You can also send reminders leading up to the event to keep it top of mind for your customers.

3. What should I do if I have a customer who consistently flakes out on me?

If you have a customer who consistently flakes out on you, it's important to have a conversation with them to understand the reason for their behavior. If there is a valid reason, try to work with them to find a solution that works for both of you. If there is no valid reason, it may be best to focus your efforts on other customers who are more committed.

4. Should I charge a fee for customers who flake out on me?

This is ultimately up to your discretion and the policies of your company. Some consultants choose to charge a small fee for customers who flake out on them, while others do not. It's important to communicate any fees or policies regarding cancellations or no-shows to your customers beforehand.

5. How can I make the most of an event when customers are flaking out on me?

Even if you have a few customers who flake out on you, it's important to still make the most of the event. Use this as an opportunity to connect with the customers who did attend and to showcase your products and services. You can also use this as a learning experience to improve your future events and minimize flaking out in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Hunter Mom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrssyvo