• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Insurance for Pampered Chef Consultants: Seeking Info & Advice

In summary, Lori is looking for health insurance for herself and her family. She found information on Weekly Bites about Pampered Chef's insurance and decided to switch to this company. Her premium is $234 a month and she has no deductible on RX coverage.
gilchrist_pchef
I have a possible recruit who is very interested in the insurance offered to PC consultants, but I can't seem to find much info for her. Does anyone have this insurance (I don't)? Or does anyone have some info I could give to her?

Thanks,
Brittiny

I found the following information on Weekly Bites back in April - I hope this helps

Insurance for You and Your Family
We're pleased to announce that you now have access to quality, health insurance for you and your family.

The Pampered Chef® has contracted with PRO Insurance Managers, Inc., to offer you the opportunity to purchase your own health insurance.

PRO Insurance is an independent insurance broker that has offered insurance to individuals and families for more than 55 years. The Direct Selling Association exclusively endorses the health insurance policies offered by PRO Insurance.

To find out more, visit Consultant's Corner > Managing Your Business > Pampered Perks® > PRO Insurance. Click on the PRO Insurance link to obtain free, immediate, no obligation online rates, along with electronic brochures, and look up providers for these innovative health insurance plans. PRO Insurance will be happy to assist you in customizing plans that fit you and your family's needs.

We're pleased that this well-respected company can offer you quality health insurance products, and we invite you to go to Consultant's Corner and click on their link to learn more.

I'm getting ready to switch....it seems to be cheaper than the average insurance, but with pretty much the same benefits! All my docs are on the lists that I can see so far, except for one....need to call about that one tho, because the dr. he shares an office with IS on the list...I'm hoping the list just hasn't been updated. With ins. for both me and my 2 children...a non-smoking home w/ maternity....it's going to run $300 a month or less....can't remember the exact # off the top of my head. I think Co-pays were $20, and Rx coverage was pretty good as well. Mine that I have now thru Tennessee Farm Buearu (BC/BS) just jumped up to $377 a month, and to get on my husband's ins thru his employer would be over $400 a month.

Hope that helps!!! I'd be interested to hear from someone that's currently on it as to whether it's worked out OK for them as well....

I just signed up with them about a month ago. My premium is $234 a month for an individual policy, $1500 deductable they pay 80% of everything after the deductible. No deductible on RX you just pay a straight $15 for generics and $25 brand name.

Luckily I have not had to use it yet but from everything I found when reading thru the policy they seem to cover just about everything except pre-exixting conditions, that you have to be insured for 1 year before they cover. Also no exam required.

Hope that helps....
Lori

New and loving this group!

You have to be insured a year before they cover pre-existing conditions or before they cover anything? I was really excited when they came out with this, but OF COURSE they don't cover my state! What does a girl have to do to get some medical coverage!??!

They don't cover MY state either! I had a potential recruit who wanted to sign just to get insurance and then we found out she couldn't get it! So she didn't sign. Oh well...

It is 1 year before they cover a pre-existing condition. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: state coverage....That's really bizzare!!!! Have you contacted them to see if they are going to cover a state at some point?

I thought you had to be a director and above to get it........ I am looking for health insurance.... Ihave to check into PC's insurcance

1. What type of insurance coverage do I need as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to have general liability insurance to cover any accidents or injuries that may occur during your demonstrations or events. You may also want to consider product liability insurance to protect yourself in case a customer has a negative reaction or injury from one of the products you sell.

2. Do I need to purchase insurance through Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef does not offer insurance coverage for their consultants. It is your responsibility to find and purchase the appropriate insurance for your business.

3. How much does insurance for Pampered Chef consultants typically cost?

The cost of insurance can vary depending on the coverage and provider you choose. However, a general liability insurance policy for a Pampered Chef consultant can range from $300-$500 per year.

4. Are there any specific insurance requirements for hosting events in my home?

If you are hosting events in your home, you may need to check with your homeowner's insurance policy to see if it covers any accidents or injuries that may occur during a Pampered Chef demonstration. You may also want to consider adding a home-based business insurance rider to your policy for additional coverage.

5. Can I use my insurance coverage for other direct sales businesses?

If you are involved in multiple direct sales businesses, you may be able to use the same insurance coverage for all of them. However, it is important to check with your insurance provider to ensure that your coverage extends to all of your businesses and any activities related to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• icerneaccorie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda