• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Pampered Chef and Unemployment

In summary, Leslie can only claim the profit from a show, not the total income. She ran out of unemployment benefits at around 30 weeks.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have 2 possible recruits that would be very good at this. The problem is that they were recently laid off and have fears of joining PC because it would affect their unemployment benefits. Does anyone know anything about this. I would really like to have them on my team, but I don't want to mess with their income either.
Thanks,
Leslie

You are suppose to report income earned when you go for your unemployment interviews. You can however earn a little money without it affecting your unemployment benefits. I am not sure how much. If they have already been for an interview, the unemp. person would have told them the amount. They would only have to claim the profit, not the total income. Being self-employed there are many expenses they claim that will affect the actual profit.

In the state of Indiana, you have to report the weekly income you make when you submit each weekly unemployment benefit request.

It would affect their benefits for that week. However, in Indiana you are eligible for 52 weeks, and the amount is determined by the amount of the last quarter's income. The amount that they are eligible for is based on that $ amount, and they have 52 weeks to claim it. For example, if in one week you made $100, the unemployment check would be $100 short, but the amount still stays in their "bank of benefits available". Typically, the total amount available is distributed to you in 26 weekly payments, but if one week is less (you had a show), then the amount would go back into the "bank of benefits available".

Unemployment benefits run out when 1) you have collected the entire $$ amount available to you, 2) you are working a permanent job that pays more than the unemployment benefits pay or 3) your 52 weeks run out.

I worked a temp job during my unemployment, and each week that I earned $$, I got less $$ on my unemployment checks, but I still had 52 weeks to collect it all. I ran out of unemployment benefits at around 30 weeks.

I am pretty sure that you can deduct the amount of expenses from the income you make from a show before reporting it to Unemployment, but don't quote me on that, I wasn't doing PC at that time.

Last edited:

1. What is the process for filing for unemployment as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are considered self-employed and therefore not eligible for traditional unemployment benefits. However, you may still be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) through the CARES Act. To apply for PUA, you must first file for regular unemployment benefits through your state's unemployment office. You will need to provide proof of your Pampered Chef income and show that you were impacted by the pandemic.

2. Will receiving unemployment benefits affect my status as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Receiving unemployment benefits will not affect your status as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, you must still comply with Pampered Chef's policies and maintain your active consultant status by meeting the required sales and recruiting goals.

3. Can I still receive unemployment benefits if I work part-time for Pampered Chef?

If you are working part-time for Pampered Chef and your hours have been reduced due to the pandemic, you may still be eligible for partial unemployment benefits. You will need to report your Pampered Chef income when filing for unemployment, and your benefits may be reduced based on how much you earn.

4. Will my Pampered Chef income be counted towards my unemployment benefits?

Yes, your Pampered Chef income will be counted towards your unemployment benefits. When filing for unemployment, you will need to report all sources of income, including your Pampered Chef earnings. Your benefits may be reduced based on how much you earn from Pampered Chef.

5. What resources does Pampered Chef offer for consultants impacted by the pandemic?

Pampered Chef is offering various resources and support for consultants impacted by the pandemic. This includes a COVID-19 relief program, virtual cooking classes and parties, and training and education on how to adapt your business during these times. You can also reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef support team for further assistance and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies