• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea on Recruiting From My Mom...

In summary, the speaker is visiting her mom and convinced her to sign up for 4 shows, even though she may not continue after getting qualified. They have agreed to trade a Home Depot card for a santoku knife. The mom is excited about the opportunity to make $30 for signing up and getting $600 in orders. The speaker is conflicted about recruiting people who may not want to continue, but is also hopeful that they may end up liking it. The hospitality consultant points out that the mom's commission would actually be $120. The speaker's director encourages her to sign up the mom and collect the 2000 points. The speaker is also booking more shows and in a recruiting frenzy since attending a conference. Some guests at shows
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So I am currently visiting my mom and she agreed to have a show for me while I was here... long story short, i convinced her to sign and do her 4 shows. She probably won't continue after getting qualified, but hey, at least i'll get the points. It doesn't hurt that we have agreed to trade the home depot card for the santoku knife :) So as we were talking she said to me "so for signing up and getting $600 in orders, I will get all of this (the starter kit) plus make $30. Why not!" She said I should put things like this at all of my shows.... she is even going to go tell 2 of her coworkers this to try to get them to sign up with her... Part of me feels bad, as I shouldn't recruit people that don't want to keep doing it; the other part of me is like why not?!? I can get my recruiting points and maybe they will like it and keep doing it (heck, i thought I might quit after 4 shows -- then all the free stuff got me :) ) I would love anybody's comments and suggestions on this... is this an okay thing to do... at least they will not be kitnappers (which someone actually asked me at my mom's show -- what happens if i sign and never do anything?) Thanks in advance Cheffers!

I would LOVE to recruit my mom! She would be great, but of course she "doesn't have time!" Maybe someday.
By the $30 you mentioned, are you talking about her comission? Because it would actually be $120 off of $600 in sales. Might have just been a typo, but it makes it even sweeter if she was excited about 30! I would just encourage her all you can; she just might do her 4 shows, love it, and continue on for years! I think that many of us just plan on doing the minimum, then figure out how awesome it is so we keep at it! She just might surprise you:)

lacychef said:
By the $30 you mentioned, are you talking about her comission? Because it would actually be $120 off of $600 in sales.
I'm sure she meant "clear" after paying herself back for the $90 kit. ;)

Yes, b/c my hospitality director pointed out that's what would be clear after paying for the kit (of course w/tax here in TX, the kit is 97 so that's 23 bucks).

I pointed that out at my open house last week and I have a potential recruit! And honestly, I thought the same thing to myself, that if I didn't want to keep going at least I had an option.

I agree...keep pointing it out and you never know!

Just wanted to say "WAY TO GO ALISON"...sounds like conf. did some good for you!!

Hey, I think thats great. And I have heard alot of people (or read it somewhere) that they were only in it for a few shows and would stop. I think it was Tom Marston that said it. So you never know.

Good going! and way to go Mom!

What's a Hospitality Consultant? I've heard of this lately but don't know.

TIA.

liz

Soothenrelax said:
What's a Hospitality Consultant? I've heard of this lately but don't know.

TIA.

liz
Someone who lives too far from their director and she attends meetings with a director not in her upline.

I know that we are not in the business of selling kits, we should be selling a business opporutnity.

But when a guest at my show this past Sunday came up to me and said: "I'll be straight with you. I want to pay the $90 for this stuff, I'll do my four shows, and then I'm quitting" I handed her an agreement to fill out!

I called my director on the way home since I was unsure of how I handled it. She said sign her up and collect my 2000 points! If she qualifies she fulfills her obligation and is free to do what she pleases.

Just my thoughts on the matter....of course I am hoping her love of the product keeps her with us. :)

Way to go Debbie~~~Congrats on your recruits!

Yes, as long as they do the four shows, they have fulfilled the agreement. If she chooses to continue great!!! And if not, well...

Confernce paid off for me too...I'm booking 4-5 shows per month (it was 1 or 2 per month) and in a recruiting frenzy!!!

I think once you get them hooked in, they might just stay. I don't think it's a bad thing. At the very least, they will have tried it, and that's all people ask of their kids! Just try it!

I agree, once people see how many free items you can get, they will want to at least stay the 3 months to get all the free stuff! I think its worth it to try!

I think that is wonderful!! I was not interested in doing more than 4 shows, but I started to feel guilty for ending my business. I felt like I was letting those who chose to buy from me down. So, here I am a year later and loving it!! I love Pampered Chef products and the company, and I love this group of people!!

Hey, I recruited my daughter! I am hoping that she will succeed and promote in this business. I wish I knew about the opportunity when I was her age!

She is having fun and making $$ and learning about time management and people skills...what more could a mom ask?:p

Janice does your daughter live with you? I only ask b/c My daughter (whos only 9) is hoping to be a PC but I hear they cant live in your house. I would use another address maybe.

No, no, no!! My daughter is an adult, 24 years old and lives in another city!! We talk on the phone a lot, but we are better off not living under the same roof if you know what I mean!:rolleyes:

I am of the firm belief that adult children should never live with their mommies....

Why NOT?Why would you feel as if you are "doing Wrong"....not at ALL.....the idea is to get them in the door and do their 4 shows, but I think more than not, they are going to have FUN and continue on at THEIR own pace.....

So you go girl, and kudos MOM....THAT is a supportive parent.......

I'm just curious...What happens if someone doesn't get all their first 4 shows done? Do they have to pay for the products they recieved in the kit or any sort of penalty? I'm just curious, becuase I could see someone asking that, and I really don't know the answer...although I can't imagine anyone actually having that problem...
Thanks.

Yes, one of Doris’ henchmen comes to their door and shoves pieces of bamboo spoons under their nails. . .okay, that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Nothing happens. But I do tell my recruits that they have signed a contract stating that they are holding six shows. You can tell them that. When their six shows are done they can take their money and products and run.

TinasKitchen said:
Hey, I think thats great. And I have heard alot of people (or read it somewhere) that they were only in it for a few shows and would stop. I think it was Tom Marston that said it. So you never know.

Good going! and way to go Mom!

I was just listening to the recording of Tom Marston's Tele-Class. He only planned on doing 4 shows and now he's on 1 thousand 6 hundred and 30-something!

1. How can my mom help with recruiting?

Your mom can help with recruiting by referring potential candidates from her network, sharing job postings or company information on her social media accounts, and even conducting informational interviews with interested individuals.

2. Is it appropriate to involve my mom in the recruitment process?

It depends on the company's policies and the role your mom will play in the process. It's important to make sure that her involvement is not perceived as favoritism or bias towards certain candidates.

3. Can my mom's involvement in recruiting be beneficial for the company?

Yes, your mom's involvement can be beneficial for the company as she may have a different network and can bring in diverse candidates who may not have been reached through traditional recruiting methods.

4. What are some potential challenges of recruiting through my mom?

Some potential challenges include the perception of favoritism, lack of professionalism if your mom is not familiar with the hiring process, and potential conflicts of interest if your mom refers someone she knows personally.

5. How can I ensure a fair and unbiased recruitment process when involving my mom?

To ensure a fair and unbiased recruitment process, make sure to establish clear guidelines and expectations with your mom, involve other team members in the hiring process, and treat all candidates equally regardless of their connection to your mom.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jmesser
  • jessinthekitchen