• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing Pampered Chef & Herbalife: A Lead's Perspective

In summary, the person said that the company is still around, but there is a lot of competition. The compensation plan is not as lucrative as it used to be.
pamperedkel
I have a lead who is considering doing PC or Herbalife. I haven't had any experience with this company before so it's hard for me to compare.

I don't know if it is still this way, but you used to have inventory--like a dealer. But again, that was many years ago.

I've heard great things about their products, but my viewpoint--I don't take any pills unless I'm really bad off. And unless you know alot of people that always take pills/vitamins, I would think you'd have a hard time finding customers. Plus there are like 10 different companies now that sell "herbal vitamins". they always go on about repeat customers (even for the candles,etc) but honestly I can't imagine you'd have that many to support yourself on. I know I have never called "the candle lady" up just to place an order--I always wait until there is a party and order then, and it's not always the same consultant.

That's why I chose PC over all the other companies years ago. We don't have much competition and EVERYONE has to eat!!!! Plus the hostess benefits were awesome then, and still beat all others hands down!

Oh another thing, don't they (herbalife) have a yearly membership fee too? Alot of those vitaman places do and you have to convince your prospect to pay that fee also so they get the discounted rates!! I would have a hard time convincing my friends and neighbors to pay to get a discount--cuz I wouldn't do it!

ok, sorry so long.....

Everybody I've ever known that sold Herbalife quit. They hated it. People dont want to buy vitamins when they can just go to GNC. That is what they said - and now you can even get herbal stuff at Walmart and Target. We would probably have a problem with PC if there was a store with stuff comparable to PC but there isnt! WE ROCK! Thats it - tell them that!

I sold Herbalife onceand yes, you are expected to keep inventory. It cost me $2000 to sign up and they make you start on a rigorous vitamin regimen yourself. The products are WONDERFUL! as my husband and I both lost a ton of weight and felt healthier than we have felt in a long time, but it is costly and troublesome. That's just my two cents worth, but since I have experience with that company, I just had to chime in!

I don't know anybody who could put up $2000 dollars to start!! Just that would turn me off!!

Hmm must have changed b/c dh and I signed on for Herbalife, never kept any inventory, just did so to get the discount. We were around for that year and then didn't renew. Never sold anything, never tried.

I will say this. And this scared me. I lost some weight on their "Thermogetics" and had lots of energy, jittery energy (yikes) but energy no less. During that time that I was taking them we had a friend get sick on Christmas day. And we didn't know this until the next spring. But Mark, the friend, was 32 years old, became ill, on Monday the day after Christmas, he collapsed in the Master bathroom, no heartbeat. They revived him there. On New Year's Eve his wife had the tubes pulled, as there had been no brain waves since Wednesday of that week.

Connie (the wife) told us later, in the spring that Mark had been taking those Thermogetics and she always believes that was the cause of his death. She had no autopsy done as she believed it to be invasive of her dh, so a cause was never determined.

Don't know if that's why Mark passed away....but I have stayed away from them ever since.

Kris

Funny story about that - see me at conference sometime and I'll tell you.

Someone who used to do Herbalife and now does PC said, "I was around sick people all the time. Yuck. They were such downers! I'd rather be around people excited about great kitchen tools!" Go, PC!!!

Re: HerbalifeThis is an older post but was wondering if anyone TODAY is taking any Herbalife products? How is it working for you?

Re: HerbalifeI knew a few years back who took it but not recently - I heard that the founder of the company actually died at an early age - Not sure if that is true or not - I don't know if its even still around come to think of it - maybe it was a faze .

Re: HerbalifeMy mom is a distributor (or whatever they're called) with HL. She hasn't really discussed her business with me, but my understanding is that she never made any money with it. She orders enough to keep her at a level where she gets a good disocount on what she uses herself. She's actually living out of the country right now, but has the product ordered to me because where she lives, she'd have to order twice as much to get the same points.

I don't believe she uses the Thermojetics, but a lot of the vitamin supplements.

What is the main difference between Pampered Chef and Herbalife?

The main difference between Pampered Chef and Herbalife is the product offerings. Pampered Chef specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products, while Herbalife offers nutritional supplements and weight management products.

Which company has a better compensation plan?

Both Pampered Chef and Herbalife have unique compensation plans. It ultimately depends on your personal goals and preferences. Pampered Chef offers a commission-based plan with opportunities for bonuses and incentives, while Herbalife has a multi-level marketing structure with potential for higher earnings.

Can I sell both Pampered Chef and Herbalife products simultaneously?

Technically, there is nothing stopping you from selling products from both companies. However, it is important to consider any conflicts of interest and ensure that you are not violating any non-compete agreements or policies from either company.

Are there any training and support resources provided by Pampered Chef and Herbalife?

Both Pampered Chef and Herbalife offer training and support resources for their consultants. Pampered Chef provides access to online training, in-person events, and a community of consultants. Herbalife offers training through conferences, webinars, and a mentorship program.

Which company has a better reputation and customer satisfaction?

Both Pampered Chef and Herbalife have a strong reputation and loyal customer base. However, Pampered Chef has been in business for over 40 years and has a higher customer satisfaction rating according to various online reviews and ratings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • KimmyDarling
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • lovecookn