• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Is Pampered Chef Different From Your Day Job?

In summary, Anne is grateful for the different aspects of her day job, but dislikes the climate and some of her co-workers. She loves the control she has over her business, and the fact that she gets to spend time with her kids.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Or your last day job, or full time job? The biggest difference for me is the support I get from complete strangers and the willingness to help out. At my day job, people will set a trap just hoping you screw up.

I like to lovingly refer to my day job as "Sheet Metal Hell".
I am a secretary at my father in laws sheet metal company.
The only thing that keeps me here is guilt. I would like nothing better than to quit this place and just do the job that makes me happy (PC). I will get the nerve one day to do it. Im aiming for a year from now. I did only PC for the first 3 years of my biz. But a couple of years ago I basically was asked to "Do my duty" to the fam, and work at "SMH" basically because they couldn't find anyone to take the job because it is a load of resposibility with not enough pay.

I will get out, its just a matter of time and guts... LOL

Oh, you made me laugh out loud! I work VERY part time for a friend of mine who owns a Welding/Fabrication business. I do his bookkeeping for him. Try to be in and out of the office in 2 hours (three on a bad day) twice a week.

I understand guilt. I stay because he is my friend and I know he trusts me with all the inner workings of his business. As for me, it does help to keep me a little more scheduled. Having TOO much time on my hands has been a problem for me.

I hope you can leave SMH soon :) . . .any chance of cutting back your hours?

My FIL already claims that I don;t work enough... although I am there 6 hours a day 5 days a week. I get all my work done.. so I don;t know what he's complaining about.
That's just the kinda guy he is though. He only has something to say of something is wrong, but doesn;t know how to say "Good Job", or "Thank you".

I guess I need PC for the recognition! Gotta get it somewhere!

Anne, I know we've covered this before, but I swear we work at the same place LOL!

I love the work I do in my day job, but hate the climate and some of the co-workers. So far, I have found PC very different...at least for me, no backstabbers or schemers here! And I do like how everyone will help each other, whether on this board or my director and her team and upline.

Another thing I really like is the appreciation. My director made such a big deal out of my success on the booking blitz the other night and made a point to send a nice, encouraging email. I HAVE to be appreciated. That's why I also enjoy my volunteer work, same kind of feedback. Right now, I'm not getting that at work.

And finally, I love that I completely control how my business runs. No relying on a boss that is not training me in my new role to share info. I make my own success, it's not hampered b/c someone is holding me back so I don't make them look bad.

I am looking forward to building my PC team. I am a top performer at work and have been for years, but struggle to move up.

P.S. Anne, where are you in NJ? DH and I will be there briefly on Labor Day weekend for his stepbrother's suprise bday party!

I love being home with the kids!!I was an administrative assistant and always had to leave my kids in daycare, summer daycare, after school care, grandma's house on holidays that I had to work, etc
It was hard not being able to come home and cook a decent meal. We ate out alot. I love to cook and bake but was always too tired and too busy thinking about projects I had to complete that week.
Now I am able to homeschool and stay home with my four wonderful kids!
Michael is nine, Nicole is eight, Naomi is 2, and Isaac is nine months. It is great to spend so much time with my kids. I cook and bake all the time and my kids get to help. We also get to spend more time in family devotions every morning, and after dinner. I get to talk to them and get to know them individually. I thank the Lord for allowing me to stay home. My husband is 110% supportive and thinks it's great that I have my own time at least four times a month at shows meeting new ladies and having fun doing what I love to do!!
Debbie

With PC I deal with a totally different type of people!!! I am an on-site manager in affordable housing. A few of my tenants are now customers also, but generally the people I work with in my "day job" are not the people that would be coming to my shows.

I find that the busier I am, the more organized I am. My boss is sending me to another town to help at another property and in Sept I'm starting another part time job at the school. LOL

One big difference is PC is FUN! And doesn't seem like work at all;) Plus, the recognition you get, the friends you meet (plus the products & oh yeah, the money!) make it the best job I've ever had.
I too, also work for my family. I work 3 mornings a week at my in-laws full service mechanic shop & gas station as a secretary. I'm also the 'back up person' at my parents' restaurant. So, I probably won't be quitting those things anytime soon. But I definately can't see my life without PC either!

Lisa: I'm just outside of Hammonton, which is about 1/2 hour from Atlantic City. Where will you be visiting?

PC is mine...that's how it's different...I only have myself to answer to, no one telling me to do this or that...it's what I want and the success belongs to me and no one else. It's the only thing I have that is all mine, and I am proud of it!!

Andrea: I thought you started working outside of the home?

Veevahchef, I think the secret is out now! I think lots of consultants do this for their sanity and to feel appreciated. I work in a family business too and have for 12 years which is likely to never change until I retire (maybe 12 more years). I have loads of responsiblity because I run the business now and manage real estate my Dad owns, but feel very unappreciated and used. I don't get paid near what I should and have to put up with so much crap most people would quit, but I'd be disowned and disinherited so I stick around for more abuse and ignore as much as possible. Someday the business will be mine, but if I had it to do again, I wouldn't. Anyway, it's sad to feel that way, but I thank God for PC because it's so much fun and you meet so many nice people. It does help you to feel better. I just found it somewhat humorous that it sounds like our situations are somewhat similar. How many others out there like me?

Jeanie

AJPratt said:
Andrea: I thought you started working outside of the home?

I am...Sales Manager for OfficeMax...which is why I really crave my PC business now (sometimes I just wish that I had someone to get the bookings for me and all I had to do were the shows!).

I really like my day job. I work as a features section designer for our state newspaper. I used to work nights and it was totally hectic and total deadline stress. Last year I moved to a daytime shift. It is more relaxed, slower paced, and I have much more downtime.

I use my downtime to reasearch on the Web for PC ideas here, keep track of guest lists, create my monthly newsletter, go to the bank, sell to coworkers and make copies of order forms, letters recipies and other monthly stuff.

I love my day job. I am a legal secretary. But I would love to become a stay at home mom. My day job is different than PC b/c I am not my own boss there. I have a wonderful boss but I still have set hours. PC allows me to works as little or as much as I want. And basically we set our own pay rate at PC depending on how much we want to work. PC, if I could do it full time, would allow me to work from home and there is no way I could my day job from home. I also meet more people and socialize with PC whereas I do not do a lot that during the day.

My day job does not allow me to work for bonuses that I can use in my kitchen to bring good food to the table either. I am not always even assured a bonus at my day job, but with PC you know if you do the work you will earn them at different times.

I do help people in both jobs though. Everyone needs a lawyer at some point I reckon!

My Two Cents
pcjeanie said:
Veevahchef, I think the secret is out now! I think lots of consultants do this for their sanity and to feel appreciated. I work in a family business too and have for 12 years which is likely to never change until I retire (maybe 12 more years). I have loads of responsiblity because I run the business now and manage real estate my Dad owns, but feel very unappreciated and used. I don't get paid near what I should and have to put up with so much crap most people would quit, but I'd be disowned and disinherited so I stick around for more abuse and ignore as much as possible. Someday the business will be mine, but if I had it to do again, I wouldn't. Anyway, it's sad to feel that way, but I thank God for PC because it's so much fun and you meet so many nice people. It does help you to feel better. I just found it somewhat humorous that it sounds like our situations are somewhat similar. How many others out there like me?

Jeanie

I work in my familys H&R Block Tax offices..... I am the youngest in the family so their is alot expected out of me. BOY Let me tell you they were all quick to think that I wouldn't surive the first month when istarted with PC... and here I am five months later going niner niner... and to boot I went to Confernce too.... being told by the same people it's a waste of money and time, you need to stay at home and save your money andplan your wedding.... yuddie yuddie yuddie, I am a admistrative assitant as well as the collections manger you would think I would get some dang respect but OH NO!!!! that my two cents worth. Anyone else feel the same ?

Anne, I think we are visiting North Arlington. Wrong end of the state! Oh well. You'll probably laugh, I told DH that it was fine to go as long as I could bring his new sis-in-law a catalog and maybe talk to her about a catalog show! :D

I liked the comment someone made about bonuses. I do have the opp to earn bonuses at my day job, but they are only given once a year and you really have to kill yourself for them. I'm looking forward to being rewarded more often and being in it for goals that I set, not someone else who has no clue on what's realistic!

Lisa: Oh, well! Enjoy the visit to the state!

thanks Anne, we will! It's just the flying now I dread :(

Well we have all come to an agreement have we not??

PC is better than ANY job!

LOL... so very true........ even if you dowork in a family business like I do!!!

I agree...I actually look forward to working on PC stuff and do not see it as work even...more fun and adventure, I'd say!

lisacb77 said:
I agree...I actually look forward to working on PC stuff and do not see it as work even...more fun and adventure, I'd say!
That's true! People always say, "I'm sorry to bug you, but..." and I do not consider this work!

1. What makes Pampered Chef different from your day job?

At Pampered Chef, we focus on providing high-quality kitchen tools and products to make cooking and entertaining easier and more fun. We also offer a unique business opportunity for individuals to become consultants and earn an income by sharing our products with others.

2. How is the culture at Pampered Chef compared to your day job?

Pampered Chef has a strong sense of community and teamwork. We value collaboration and encourage our consultants to support and learn from each other. Our company also prioritizes work-life balance and offers flexible work arrangements.

3. What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef has been in business for over 40 years and has a strong reputation for high-quality products and exceptional customer service. We also offer a generous compensation plan and a supportive community of consultants who are dedicated to helping each other succeed.

4. How does Pampered Chef's product line differ from your day job's products?

Pampered Chef's product line is focused on innovative kitchen tools and gadgets that are designed to make cooking and entertaining more convenient and enjoyable. We also offer a wide range of recipes and meal ideas to inspire creativity in the kitchen.

5. How does Pampered Chef's business model differ from your day job's model?

At Pampered Chef, our business model is based on direct sales, meaning our consultants sell products directly to consumers through in-home parties, online sales, and other events. This allows our consultants to build personal relationships with their customers and provide personalized recommendations and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deanna Brown
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deanna Brown
  • Cpfeifer
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
RiverSong
  • Alora Rueth