• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Difficult Recruiter: My Experience and Frustration

In summary, my recruiter and I are no longer on speaking terms and my new recruit is being pulled in two different directions by her.
Cookin'InTX
Okay as some of you know...I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about my recruiter and our falling out (due to her lack of taking responsability for her actions and lack of training). Well, since then, I've gotten my first recruit!!! Yea! The problem is that my recruiter and I are no longer on speaking terms. So, I take my new recruit to a Fall Retreat with me and of course my recruiter was there as well. I figured she would be there, so no big deal. Well, just before we were about to leave, I told my newbie that I was going to use the restroom and then we could leave (we had a 45 minute drive back home). No quicker than I was out of sight, my recruiter starts telling my recruit to call her if she she needs anything and gives my recruit her business card. This happened last Friday. Then today, my recruit tells me that my recruiter called her at home and left a message on her machine and is again telling her to call if she needs anything. My recruiter is not a director, but she wants to act like one. My recruiter has been all over her from the git-go. I am in the process of training my recruit and feel like my recruiter is trying to take over the entire situation. All evening, I have felt like sending my recruiter a nasty email and telling her I am more than capable of training my own recruits...especially since I basically have had to train myself.

Do I have a right to be pissed? I mean I could see my recruiter stepping in if I wasn't guiding my new recruit in the right direction or if I wasn't showing her the ropes, but come'on now! AHHHHHH...My recruit already doesn't even like her.

Just tell your recruit to politely tell her that you are helping her a lot and if she needs anything she will contact her. Perhaps after your "talk" with your recruiter, she is trying to be more helpful...although you would think she would talk to you first.

I would be! This reminds me of the situation at my day job...where someone higher up doesn't like it if you do well b/c that makes them look like they are not doing their job, but the minute you turn your back, they are trying to undermine you!

So sorry about that! I guess I would make sure your recruit has your director's info in case she has questions you can't/aren't avail. to answer. Not that she'd call this recruiter (since you said she's already been put off) but doesn't hurt for you to take initiative and make sure your recruit has all the tools she needs!

Yeah I would be very mad myself. I had the same thing happen to me when I sold Sensaria before I got out of it and started with PC. I kept my cool but told my recruits if they need anything now matter what my recruiter told them to call me. I was their recruiter I was training. And if I didn't know something I usually called the Home Office to get the correct answer. I'm not selling Sensaria any longer and the two gals I recruited still call me for help. LOL. Just keep your cool. I would do exactly what lisab77 said. Make sure she has your directors infomation if she can get you. Or you can make sure she knows to call the Home Office. I know they are very helpful there. I've had to call a few times and except the wait sometimes they are very nice and helpful.

Good Luck! and Congrads on the recruit!! :)

I think its counter productive for you building your team that you recruiter is pulling that crap. I have three on my team right now. My director and I are good friends (an unexpected bonus of PC!). She will from time to time call my recruits to check up and help but she always mentions that they can call me, since I will become their director. She always emphasizes that they are on my team. Technically, they are on hers now, but they will be directly mine, hopefully soon! Still on hers even then, but you all know what I mean.

1. How do I handle a recruiter who is unresponsive or unprofessional?

First, try reaching out to the recruiter via email or phone and politely express your concerns about their lack of communication or unprofessional behavior. If that doesn't work, consider contacting their supervisor or HR department to address the issue. It's important to remain professional and calm throughout the process.

2. What should I do if a recruiter is not being transparent about the job or company?

Be upfront with the recruiter about your expectations for transparency and ask specific questions about the job and company. If they continue to be evasive or vague, it may be best to pursue other opportunities. It's important to have a clear understanding of the job and company before making any commitments.

3. How do I handle a recruiter who is pressuring me to accept a job offer?

It's important to remember that you have the right to take your time and make an informed decision about a job offer. If a recruiter is pressuring you to accept an offer, politely but firmly communicate that you need more time to consider the offer and ask for any additional information that may help with your decision. Don't feel pressured to make a decision before you are ready.

4. How can I deal with a recruiter who is not listening to my preferences or needs?

If a recruiter is not taking your preferences or needs into consideration, it may be a sign that they are not the right fit for you. Be clear and assertive about your needs and don't be afraid to say no to opportunities that don't align with your goals. Remember that you are in control of your job search and don't have to settle for anything less than what you want.

5. What should I do if a recruiter is making promises they can't keep?

If a recruiter is making promises that seem too good to be true or are not in line with what you know about the job or company, it's important to question them and get clarification. If they continue to make unrealistic promises, it may be best to end your communication with them and pursue other opportunities. It's important to trust your instincts and not be swayed by false promises.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slhalepc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
slhalepc
  • Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies