• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Two Sign up to Be Consulants as a Team?

Mother's commission is for the whole show, no matter who does what. PC allows team members to share commissions, but only if they do everything together. If one member has to leave, the team has to break up. Pampered Chef does not allow team members to share commissions, but they can share products and trips.
lkspeir
I have two ladies that would like to sign up to be team consultants. In other words to do shows, etc. together. How does that work? Does PC allow that??

I am curious about this too! I have a couple that is interested in signing up together. How does that work?

My wife and I will be doing everything together as well. What we did was I signed up as the consultant but Sara and I will both be active in every aspect of the business.

I think it will work great for couples, but might be a little different with jsut friends. As long as they get along great and split the responsibilities (and the commission) then I don't see much of a problem!

From Pampered Chef's point of view, only one person can sign up. Now, your recruiter can sign both people, but you cannot sign someone who lives at your physical address. Every month you will see a $2 fee come out of your commission check. That is for liability insurance. If you were to burn a host's carpet or break something of theirs in a demo, PC's insurance would cover it. If the signed consultant is not there, the insurance will not cover it. Another problem you could come across is a divorce or end of a friendship. Customers would have to be split up and the unsigned person would have to sign in order to keep going. However, lifetime sales and trip points cannot be split up. If you are doing this with another friend, you need to work out the trip points and product incentives as well as what will happen if the team has to break up. What if one person has to move? Anyhoo, for those of you who can do it with your spouse, congrats! I think it can be a very good thing. Just make sure you understand and plan for the worst.

I had 2 friends sign up (1 signed up) they did all shows together and split the commission and then at the end of the year they thought about taxes one could deduct the other couldn't. One got a boy friend and was too busy so it fizzeled from there but in the beginning they did great sand had fun. Sold about $15,000 then quit. For married couple the tax issue would not be there or the boyfriend issue (hopefully):eek:

I have a team selling together. It is an aunt/niece (only 2 years apart). The niece signed and the aunt goes to all her shows with her and assists her. They are very aware of the insurance issue.

Another relative is an accountant and she is working out the division of income for tax purposes.

These two do everything together and have for years. Works for them.

Thank you so much for your input - this will help me when I talk to my prospects.

lkspeir said:
Thank you so much for your input - this will help me when I talk to my prospects.

The one thing they can't share is the points accrued and the vacations/products, unless they take each other.

Mother/daughter teamI did a Bridal Show in May and mom and her daughter ONLY wanted to do it as a team. I told them I didn't see how they could do that.

1. Can my friend and I sign up together to be consultants for Pampered Chef?

Yes, you and your friend can sign up together as a team to become consultants for Pampered Chef. This can be a great way to support and motivate each other while building your business.

2. Do we have to live in the same area to sign up as a team?

No, you and your friend do not have to live in the same area to sign up as a team. However, it may be more convenient if you are in close proximity in order to attend events and parties together.

3. Can we both use the same consultant ID number?

No, each consultant must have their own unique ID number. This allows for individual sales and commission tracking.

4. If we sign up as a team, do we have to split our earnings?

Yes, as a team, you will need to decide on a fair way to split your earnings. This could be based on the number of parties each person hosts or the amount of sales each person brings in.

5. Can we have separate websites if we sign up as a team?

Yes, each consultant will have their own personalized website regardless of whether they signed up as a team or individually. This allows you to promote your own individual business while still being part of a team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefMommyof3Boys