• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping an Older Lady on a Fixed Income Start Her Direct Sales Business

you will only be getting the $4000 (the starter kit value). It's a great opportunity and you can make a lot of money, but it's a lot of money!The starter kit value for this business is $4000.
chefhorton
I have an older lady that lives on a fixed income (SSI) and she is extremely interested in the opportunity and already has friends that will do her first shows for her. She doesn't have the $50 to get the kit after using her free product value from her show. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her started or how to come up with the money so that she can get started? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you trusted her you could always pay it for her and ask her to give it to you from her first check , or tell her if she qualifys by a certain date it is on you. ( you would get $50.00 PC dollars if this is one of your first 5 ).

some people have done garage sales to get the extra cash.

I have also offered to cover the cost because of the $$ you get back for your first 5. Or they can reimburse you--but I'd get that in writing or something.

Maybe she has a birthday coming up that her kids could donate to?

What is this $$ you get for your first five recruits. Did I miss something? I guess I have. Please share

Thanks

The first 5 recruits that you sign-and they qualify-you will receive $50 in PC dollars.

Hey Horton, Just thought I'd pipe in. If it was me and she seemed VERY interested then I'd offer to pay the $50!

Thanks everyoneI really appreciate everyone's input. I am still considering my options. We have set her show date so that she can get $40 off her kit, so I am going to wait and see how her show goes before I decide if I am going to front the kit cost.
:confused:

I am in a somewhat of a similar situation. My lady is thinking about it, she isn't sold on the idea yet and I'm thinking money for the kit is also an issue with her-- she asked how much it would cost her to do a catalog show...so I'm thinking that the money for the kit maybe hard for her to handle....do you think I should offer to put it up to help her fall to the "yes" side?---Or is that just too desperate--she is my 4th potential recruit and I still haven't gotten any to sign.

I'd be cautious about "loaning" anyone money. There are expenses in starting this business beyond the kit (like the booster kit, paperwork, a stamp). I'm not saying you need them all at once, but she won't be able to pay you back right away if she needs some to put back into the business. It is such a small amount that I think she could do something to find it. At best, I would match what she put in. "I'll give you a booster to get started by paying $25 if you can find the rest" or something like that.

BEE

The other bad thing about loaning money is if they don't want this bad enough they aren't going to work for it, because they are out nothing. Whereas if they put up the money they are going to feel responsible to at least make that back. I've had people do that in the past. Even people I knew really well, but then they thought that since I helped them to start that I would basically hand them shows, etc. They need to WANT to do this or they either won't qualify or they'll barely stay active.

Very good advice! All I can do is tell her how great PC is and hope she will do it.... you're both right...if she doesn't want to do it then she won't. I will just cross my fingers! Thanks!

Thats really a tough call. If you weren't worried about the money you could loan it to her or just give it to her as a credit and then write if off for taxes.

Maybe Ebay?Maybe you could help her sell any unwanted items she has on ebay. You could offer to list it for her and help her with the process. This way, you aren't out $50, just the time it would take to list it and maybe ship the items for her. Just an idea!

I agree that if they wanted it badly enough, they could find the $50 SOMEWHERE...our business is made to be accessible to everyone because of the cost.

I just met with friends who just started in a "Health" drink type of business. I asked how much they needed to front for the "starter" pkg...they said $3500 !!!!:eek:

They get $5000 (resale value) worth of this product to start and will be getting 40% profit. If you sign up at the lowest level with $525 to start, you get $700 worth of products (resale value) and you will only get a 25% profit ALWAYS....

OK, $700????? At the LEAST!!!

Oh yeah, and 5% of what you give the company to start goes straight to the recruiter to train you, so they gave their recruiter $250.

Can we say "PYRAMID"?

Come on, your recruits can find the $50 SOMEWHERE if they want it bad enough!:rolleyes:

That health drink thing always seemed a little fishy to me! You'll have to let us know if it is profitable at all for your friends--not that I would ever switch!:)

What is the purpose of the "First Recruit Question"?

The purpose of the "First Recruit Question" is to gather basic information about potential recruits in order to assess their qualifications and suitability for a particular job or role.

What kind of questions are typically asked in the "First Recruit Question"?

The "First Recruit Question" usually consists of general questions about a recruit's background, education, work experience, and skills. Some common examples include asking about previous job titles, relevant certifications or training, and any specific abilities or qualifications related to the job.

Why is the "First Recruit Question" important in the recruitment process?

The "First Recruit Question" is important because it helps employers narrow down their pool of candidates and identify those who have the necessary qualifications and skills for the job. It also allows them to gather important information about a recruit's background and experience, which can help inform their decision-making process.

How should I prepare for the "First Recruit Question"?

To prepare for the "First Recruit Question," you should review the job description and requirements, and make sure you have a clear understanding of the role and the skills and experience needed. You should also be ready to provide detailed and honest responses to the questions asked.

Is the "First Recruit Question" the same for every job or role?

No, the "First Recruit Question" may vary depending on the specific job or role being recruited for. Employers may tailor their questions to gather information that is most relevant and important for the particular position. However, there may be some common themes or types of questions that are frequently asked in the "First Recruit Question" for different jobs or roles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
  • ldynred7
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies