• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Offer My Friend a Pampered Chef Opportunity?

In summary, your friend needs to be the one to make the decision on if it's for her. Give her the information she needs, get your director to meet with you both over coffee and discuss any fears about it she may have...I feel confident in saying that if your friend puts in the work and is willing to commit to the program, she will be able to make a great income with PC.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
The help is more for me than anything. I have a friend at church that is a single mom. She has consistently said that she needs to make some extra money to help with expenses for her son. She lives with her mom. I think that she'd be great at PC (I've not even approached her yet), but I think I'm over analyzing things in my head. I know that she could truly benefit from what PC has to offer, but I'm not sure that she can afford it. She doesn't have much money at all & I'm not sure that her friends & family would purchase PC stuff to help her get started. Am I just being an idiot here? I don't want to make her feel bad by offering this awesome opportunity to her and her not be able to do it, or worse yet, get started & then not have customers.

I've thought & prayed about this, but I'm still not sure. Are my hesitations justified? Or, should I just offer it to her because it's not my place to decide who can benefit & who can't.

I just don't know & I'm so stuck right now.

Thanks

ETA - I also have another recruit from the same church that's ready to sign. Is this a business killer?

Maybe you can offer to let her host a show, use the $40 kit credit, and offer to pay the other $50 if she qualifies before the end of her SS3. So, basically you pay for it, then she has to pay you back if she isn't qualified by then!!! That way it's no risk to her at all!!!! She will be so excited when she sees everything she can earn and do with this company that she will blow right past that $1250!!! She will start earning products and paychecks before you know it!!!

There's plenty of business to go around for everyone! And you should definitely offer her the opportunity!

One of my team members has even started paying for kits for people who want to join, but can't afford the kit. Then they pay her back with their first commission check (of course, I wouldn't recommend doing this for someone you've never met before, but for a friend, or a long time customer or host, maybe)

Your friend needs to be the one to make the decision on if it's for her. Give her the information she needs, get your director to meet with you both over coffee and discuss any fears about it she may have...

crystalscookingnow said:
I've thought & prayed about this, but I'm still not sure. Are my hesitations justified? Or, should I just offer it to her because it's not my place to decide who can benefit & who can't.

I felt the same way about TWO girls that signed with me last week. I use my NEW motto as part of y signature now to remind we:::: Be Confident - Assume Nothing! - because you never know...

Go for it!!
crystalscookingnow said:
ETA - I also have another recruit from the same church that's ready to sign. Is this a business killer?

To answer this first question off the bat, no it is not a business killer. It is hard to believe but we each know so many people that some of our friends will never meet or even get to know like we do. I know personally I have lots of friends that are not from my church, as well as family, neighbors, friends from when I used to work, my husband's friends, etc...

Not to mention people we meet because of our business who then get us in contact with their friends. This will in no way hinder your ability to have just as many if not more shows for PC.

As for the kit, I would personally help her buy the kit. Then have her repay me after she gets her first commission check. If I could afford it I would pay for everyone's kit but when they pay you back it's a great way for them to see that you can make money in this business and that it was a great investment. You could pay for it if you want to, but I would rather spend money on my new recruit by rewarding her with incentives from my own pocket. With her paying me back, this will help me to do that without my husband thinking I'm nuts!!
I am so ready for my first recruit, when I get one I will be there to help, support, encourage and listen when things aren't so great. I will offer her catalogs, small gifts, free lunch, etc for hitting certain goals.

GO FOR IT!!! Get her started and ask her. It doesn't hurt to ask!
Debbie

Thanks everyone! I talked to her last night. Her hesitations were exactly what I thought that they'd be. But, I did give her a copy of the EW magazine & told her to call me with any ??'s, when she's ready to sign up or just to chat. We had a good talk along with some tears & I think she wants to do it. She just said not right now. So, I've given the opportunity & it's in her hands.

Thanks again!

Ya know, it sounds like she might be afraid of failing ...I bet that is where her hesitations are coming from. Personally, this is a fear of mine also. I wanted to sign up for PC last month. I read the EW magazine, joined this group, and read everything I could about PC. But I still haven't signed! I work full time also and while part of the reason I hesitate is the time commitment, I have to say the biggest reason is fear of failure! Over the years I have tried other direct sales things before and I've never been successful at it. I don't want to approach friends and family AGAIN to tell them I am starting something new. KWIM? Even though I haven't been that good at direct sales, I will also say that I have never really had much support from any of my uplines either. Still, I am just drawn to the direct sales business for some reason!

I know this turned into a discussion about me! Sorry...but I was trying to help you understand maybe how she is feeling. I am kind of a shy person and while I have lots of acquaintances, I have very few close friends. So it scares me to think about not having enough people to get started. I think this is a real issue in recruitment.

pchefbonnie said:
I bet that is where her hesitations are coming from. Personally, this is a fear of mine also. I wanted to sign up for PC last month. I read the EW magazine, joined this group, and read everything I could about PC. But I still haven't signed! I work full time also and while part of the reason I hesitate is the time commitment, I have to say the biggest reason is fear of failure! Over the years I have tried other direct sales things before and I've never been successful at it. I don't want to approach friends and family AGAIN to tell them I am starting something new. KWIM? Even though I haven't been that good at direct sales, I will also say that I have never really had much support from any of my uplines either. Still, I am just drawn to the direct sales business for some reason!

I know this turned into a discussion about me! Sorry...but I was trying to help you understand maybe how she is feeling. I am kind of a shy person and while I have lots of acquaintances, I have very few close friends. So it scares me to think about not having enough people to get started. I think this is a real issue in recruitment.

OK, you MUST sign....look, God has put this in front of you for a reason. Perhaps it is to teach you how to come out of your shell, perhaps it is to give you access to lots of people and help you make more very close friends, whatever the reason, GOD has put this opportunity in front of you and is wanting you to do something about it!

I am so very sure that everything that happens in this life is for a reason. He wants us to make decisions for ourselves, though. That is why you think you are interested, that is why you keep ending up on this site reading things, that is why you probably spend more time day after day wondering about what this business would be like in your life...

Don't wait any longer, just give it up and do it! He knows what He's doing!

Good Luck, and Blessings,
Janice

crystalscookingnow said:
Thanks everyone! I talked to her last night. Her hesitations were exactly what I thought that they'd be. But, I did give her a copy of the EW magazine & told her to call me with any ??'s, when she's ready to sign up or just to chat. We had a good talk along with some tears & I think she wants to do it. She just said not right now. So, I've given the opportunity & it's in her hands.

Thanks again!

Make sure you find our what her heart-tug for the business might be. She might be more confortable thinking about doing fundraisers, and you can help her get someone at your church interested. Good luck!

1. What is the Pampered Chef opportunity and how does it work?

The Pampered Chef opportunity is a direct sales business where consultants sell high-quality kitchen tools and products through in-home cooking demonstrations. As a consultant, you earn a commission on all sales and can also earn bonuses and incentives. You can choose to work full-time or part-time, making your own schedule and setting your own goals.

2. Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone over the age of 18 can become a Pampered Chef consultant. It is a great opportunity for stay-at-home parents, retired individuals, or anyone looking to supplement their income. No prior sales experience is necessary, as the company provides training and support for all consultants.

3. Is there a cost to join as a consultant?

Yes, there is a one-time startup cost of $109 to become a Pampered Chef consultant. This fee covers your starter kit, which includes product samples, catalogs, and business supplies. There are also ongoing fees for maintaining your personal website and access to training materials, but these can be easily covered by your sales commissions.

4. What kind of support and training does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training and support for all consultants. You will receive a mentor who will guide you through the onboarding process and provide ongoing support. The company also offers online training materials, webinars, and in-person events to help you grow your business. Additionally, there is a supportive community of consultants who are always willing to offer advice and assistance.

5. Can I still be a consultant if I don't know a lot about cooking?

Yes, you do not need to be an expert cook to be a successful Pampered Chef consultant. The company provides training on product knowledge and how to conduct cooking demonstrations. Plus, many customers are just looking for easy and convenient kitchen tools, so you don't need to have advanced cooking skills to sell Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • dkitten13
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
eflage
  • pampchefsarah