• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recruit - Stole Her Away From....

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant for PartyLite, a home show candle company, who recruited a guest at her show who had been considering selling PartyLite but was turned off by the pushy consultant. The consultant was able to successfully recruit the guest to join her Pampered Chef team instead, and the guest is now planning to do a catalog show and a large kick-off show in September. This will be the consultant's first official recruit. Another consultant in the conversation also shared her experience with a new recruit who was also a PartyLite representative. Both consultants agreed that Pampered Chef is a far superior company to work for.
ChefinHarmony
Partylite!! (You know, that Home Show Candle Company?) I didn't see this coming at all!! I went to my show on Friday trying to recruit the Host because she had been showing "some" interest. Anyway, during the show, I heard a guest say "I'm thinking about selling Parytlite Candles, but boy the Consultant has been so pushy! She says I have to do 6 shows, etc, etc". During the show, this guest said "I am having a Pampered Chef show in Sept!" You know, one of those can't wait to book guests - gotta love them. Anyway, at the end I played the "Queen of Shoppers" game with the Opportunity ending. After the show, she asked for more information. When I showed her the Knife Promo, Our SS information, and qualifying information, all the free products she could earn, etc - she kept saying "Wow. You have to be kidding me?!?!? Just 4 shows or $1,250? I can easily do that!" Then I told her I used to sell Partylite about 8 years ago and it was tough - needed $250 a month to stay active. I hated going to the shows and hearing all the guests say "I love that - but OMG look how expensive it is!!" I always felt bad trying to sell expensive items. She thanked me and said "You are so nice and not pushy at all! I want to work with you - I'm so glad I didn't sign with Partylite!" She took the Kitchen Consultant Agreement and kept saying - "Make sure I have contact information for you!" So.... my recruit is doing a catalog show now, we are going to meet the week of the 21st and she plans to use her $40 to get the kit. Then she is going to do a large Kick-Off show in September!!! I'm so tickled. This would be my first official recruit. I have one that is so close - she actually has generated 4 shows for my business and I'm trying to convince her to take them!! I've learned to open my ears A LOT during the little buffer time before I start my presentation - you can learn so much about your guests. I am still shocked at how I didn't see this one coming!!
Thanks!!
Joanne

Way to go!! And don't feel like you "stole" her from PL...wea re clearly a far superior company to work for...there's no two ways about it. One of my newer recruits is also a PL rep and when I hear her talking about her PL business, I don't understand why she doesn't just drop PL altogether and put her energy into PC - it's so much more rewarding for so much less work!

ChefinHarmony said:
Partylite!! (You know, that Home Show Candle Company?) I didn't see this coming at all!! I went to my show on Friday trying to recruit the Host because she had been showing "some" interest. Anyway, during the show, I heard a guest say "I'm thinking about selling Parytlite Candles, but boy the Consultant has been so pushy! She says I have to do 6 shows, etc, etc". During the show, this guest said "I am having a Pampered Chef show in Sept!" You know, one of those can't wait to book guests - gotta love them. Anyway, at the end I played the "Queen of Shoppers" game with the Opportunity ending. After the show, she asked for more information. When I showed her the Knife Promo, Our SS information, and qualifying information, all the free products she could earn, etc - she kept saying "Wow. You have to be kidding me?!?!? Just 4 shows or $1,250? I can easily do that!" Then I told her I used to sell Partylite about 8 years ago and it was tough - needed $250 a month to stay active. I hated going to the shows and hearing all the guests say "I love that - but OMG look how expensive it is!!" I always felt bad trying to sell expensive items. She thanked me and said "You are so nice and not pushy at all! I want to work with you - I'm so glad I didn't sign with Partylite!" She took the Kitchen Consultant Agreement and kept saying - "Make sure I have contact information for you!" So.... my recruit is doing a catalog show now, we are going to meet the week of the 21st and she plans to use her $40 to get the kit. Then she is going to do a large Kick-Off show in September!!! I'm so tickled. This would be my first official recruit. I have one that is so close - she actually has generated 4 shows for my business and I'm trying to convince her to take them!! I've learned to open my ears A LOT during the little buffer time before I start my presentation - you can learn so much about your guests. I am still shocked at how I didn't see this one coming!!
Thanks!!
Joanne
Congratulations Joanne!

You know, I actually felt bad when I imagined my recruit telling the Partylite Consultant "no thanks, I'm going to sell Pampered Chef!" and tells her about our SS program. I'm worried the PL lady is going to hunt me down!! :eek:
Joanne

I'm worried the PL lady is going to hunt me down!! :eek:
Joanne

She'll have to get past me to get to you -- my first recruit (my SISTER) was about to sign with PL and I kept telling her about the SS info and the bonuses and the recruiting bonuses and all that -- her SS month 1 was in June and she not only got the SS bonus, she got the Simple Additions set AND Level 1 of the Sell-A-Thon!!! Much better than PL, I have to day (and I love working with her !!!)

Your recruit made the decision! Congrats!!

Congrats on your recruit and her very smart decision! I have a Partylite friend who is a top seller in her area - after she saw me do a PC show and I told her how much money I made from it, she is seriously considering dropping PL and signing up for PC. PL has so many rules and restrictions (shows must be booked within 30 days, not allowed to tell her hosts the monthly specials in advance, etc.) it is exhausting her. Plus, in our semi-rural area, there are only so many PL parties people are willing to go to. With PC, though, people seem to like going and they *always* can think of something to buy!

Congrats Joanne!!

1. How did the new recruit steal her away from her previous job?

The new recruit impressed her with their skills and qualifications during the job interview, and the company offered her a better salary and benefits package.

2. What was the reaction of her previous employer to losing her to the new recruit?

The previous employer was disappointed to lose a valuable employee, but they understood that it was a great opportunity for her and wished her the best in her new job.

3. Did the new recruit have any prior connection to her before joining the company?

No, the new recruit and her had no prior connection. They met for the first time during the job interview process.

4. How has the new recruit been performing since joining the company?

The new recruit has been exceeding expectations and has quickly become a valuable member of the team. They have been consistently delivering high-quality work and bringing new ideas to the table.

5. What impact has the new recruit's arrival had on the company?

The new recruit's arrival has had a positive impact on the company. They have brought fresh perspectives and ideas, and their skills and expertise have helped to improve the overall performance and success of the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • byrd1956