• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Possible to Be a Pampered Chef Consultant Without a Car in Chicago?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a potential consultant who is interested in Pampered Chef but does not have a car or plans to get one. The group discussed the feasibility of using public transportation or walking to shows, and some suggested alternative options such as starting with catalog shows or renting a car as a business expense. There was also mention of a team member who has had success selling products through a classified ad. The conversation ended with a mention of another potential consultant who does not have transportation due to a previous DUI and is interested in joining Pampered Chef.
ardipc
Gold Member
OK, so I met someone who was initially very interested in trying Pampered Chef. I believe she would be great at it, but in talking it over with her sister, she feels that the biggest hinderance she has to trying this is that she has no car nor plans to get one. She lives in an apartment in downtown Chicago and walks or takes public transportation wherever she needs to go. (For reference, for those of you who know Chicago, she's at State and Lower Wacker). You may have guessed it already, but I met her at O'Hare the day after conference on my way home.

I am sure there are consultants who walk and take public transportation to their shows, but I'd like to hear from some of you so that I can give her real info about how feasible this is. I do think that it is possible to do this so I'd love to hear from some of you who do this or know others who have especially in the Chicago area.

Thanks!!!
Ardi

ardipc said:
OK, so I met someone who was initially very interested in trying Pampered Chef. I believe she would be great at it, but in talking it over with her sister, she feels that the biggest hinderance she has to trying this is that she has no car nor plans to get one. She lives in an apartment in downtown Chicago and walks or takes public transportation wherever she needs to go. (For reference, for those of you who know Chicago, she's at State and Lower Wacker). You may have guessed it already, but I met her at O'Hare the day after conference on my way home.

I am sure there are consultants who walk and take public transportation to their shows, but I'd like to hear from some of you so that I can give her real info about how feasible this is. I do think that it is possible to do this so I'd love to hear from some of you who do this or know others who have especially in the Chicago area.

Thanks!!!
Ardi

My director told me to ask mine likme that (no car) was there someone who she might like to do this WITH? Or she can start with catalog shows ~ I used to earn $170 my first 2 months; all I did was 3 catalog shows. Or perhaps she could reward someone for helping to get her there with free product or pay. Once she starts getting paychecks she can make a car payment!

ardipc said:

Thanks!!!
Ardi

She could rent a car and write it off as a business expense. Especially if the only reason she is renting the car is to travel to and from a show.

I have a team member without a car, and the public transportation in our small town would take her hours to get to a show, then she'd be stranded afterwards. She's having luck though, she put a classified ad in the paper selling kitchen gadgets for .75- $285. The customers come to her!

Paige Dixon said:
I have a team member without a car, and the public transportation in our small town would take her hours to get to a show, then she'd be stranded afterwards. She's having luck though, she put a classified ad in the paper selling kitchen gadgets for .75- $285. The customers come to her!

How did she word her ad?

Living in Chicago, she'd be able to walk to all the shows in town, or take a cab, IF she bought the entire Show to go set!

I also have a potential consultant who does not have transportation due to being sloshed and driving at the time. He is a chef and loves our products, but doesn't know how he could get the stuff to and from a host's house. We do not have mass transit here...at least nothing like Chicago.

1. How can I effectively recruit someone who doesn't have a car?

There are several ways to recruit someone who doesn't have a car. One option is to offer alternative transportation, such as public transportation or carpooling with other team members. You can also explore the possibility of providing a company car or reimbursing for transportation costs. Additionally, consider highlighting the benefits of your company, such as a flexible work schedule that may not require a daily commute.

2. Is lack of transportation a common objection during recruiting?

Yes, lack of transportation is a common objection during recruiting, especially in urban areas where public transportation may not be reliable. It can also be a barrier for candidates who live in rural areas without access to public transportation. It's important to address this objection and offer potential solutions to make the opportunity more feasible for the candidate.

3. How can I determine if lack of transportation is a deal-breaker for a potential candidate?

The best way to determine if lack of transportation is a deal-breaker for a potential candidate is to ask them directly during the recruitment process. Be sure to explain the job requirements and ask if they would be able to fulfill those requirements without a car. You can also ask if they have any alternative transportation options or if they would be willing to make arrangements for transportation if offered the job.

4. Can I still consider a candidate who doesn't have a car for a position that requires frequent travel?

This will depend on the specific requirements and expectations for travel in the position. If the travel can be done via public transportation or the company can provide transportation, then it may still be possible to consider a candidate who doesn't have a car. However, if a car is necessary for the travel, it may not be feasible to consider this candidate for the position.

5. Should I mention the need for a car in the job posting to avoid recruiting candidates without transportation?

It may be helpful to mention the need for a car in the job posting, especially if it is a key requirement for the position. However, keep in mind that this may limit your pool of candidates and it's important to consider alternative solutions for those who may not have a car but could still be a good fit for the job. It's also important to be upfront about the transportation requirements during the recruitment process to avoid any misunderstandings or surprises for the candidate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
  • Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • lockhartkitchen